legal and compliance officer
– Acts as primary champion of compliance and credit risk
– Builds a compliance aware culture within the organization including appropriate education
– Reviews processes for compliance, credit risk and come up with recommendations for policy and compliance owner
– Monitors the compliance framework to determine whether it is working properly
– Develops policies, procedures and tools of the compliance framework
– Prepares reports on compliance and credit risk
– Provides guidance to compliance owners on how to meet their compliance obligations
– Reviews whether compliance obligations have changed and advises the bank of any new laws that it must comply with
– Deals with the National Bank of Cambodia and other regulators
– Monitor that the organization’s policies and procedures are in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
– Identify and recommend relevant policies/ best practice for compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
-Review adequacy of controls in established procedures and systems.
– Bachelor degree; preferably Laws, Finance, or Accounting
– At least 2 years of experience in Compliance or Risk or Audit or Finance
– Good understanding of financial institution compliance issues
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to liaison with cross functional groups, present results to management, and create effective presentations
– Ability to multi-task and to work independently; drive for results